Using a garage space for storage of a car is a good way to maintain your car. However, owning a garage space that can also be used as a functional and attractive space is no doubt a better idea. Designing a cool garage design will allow you to use the typical garage space in a useful manner. As your tastes and needs are personal, you need to consider the features of the garage that are vital to you and how to employ the space. The design decision will rely on whether you need the space as a workshop, spare living area, music practice space or merely as an attractive and functional storage space for varied household objects.
Below is a list of steps that you need to follow in order to design a cool garage –
1) First of all, you need to decide the purpose which the garage space is going to cater. A garage space for storage of a car is quite simpler to design rather than designing a functional garage space.
2) Secondly, you need to measure the available space in your garage area. You will also need to measure the length and width of the vehicle to ascertain the space your vehicle shall occupy. Assure that you leave two to three feet extra on all the sides, so that the car gates can open easily without hitting the walls or other objects. The leftover space will be the space that can be used for varied needs.
3) Analyze your needs and decide upon the purpose for which you are going to use the functional space. For instance, if you desire to use the space as a workshop, you need to install a hanging rack for your equipments, tools and supplies.
4) Draw a plan for your garage on a sheet of a graph paper. An easy way to do it is to allot each square for one foot. Use the measurements made for an accurate drawing. Do not forget to leave the extra space for ease of movement.
5) Use your drawing for planning your garage needs. Garages generally have unfinished sides that can be used for creating built in shelves for storage of books. High cabinets can also be incorporated as they do not block movement.
6) Use lighting and colors to make the area be functional and look cool. You may also decorate it with art and make the garage look livelier.